Pages

Thứ Tư, 2 tháng 1, 2013

Third Party Apps Not Opening on iPhone 5 using iOS 6.0.2

I have an iPhone 5 and am using iOS 6.0.2 and recently certain third party apps like Facebook, Instagram, Shazzam for instance, no longer open.  When I tap on the app, the app comes up on the screen for about a second, and then closes.  What's strange is that I've been using iOS 6.0.2 and have also been using the most updated versions of the apps without any issues.  The crashing started happening around last Friday.  Here's what I've tried to do to fix the problem so far but none of these options have worked:

 

- I restarted my phone by holding down the home button and the lock button. 

- I turned my phone off and turned it on again. 

- I deleted the apps and reinstalled them and then restarted my phone. 

- I downloaded a random free app, opened it, and then tried opening the apps that kept crashing.

- I restored my phone and synced it using the most recent back up I had, which was from earlier that day. 

 

I did find a temporary solution, that allows the apps to open but I think it's because the apps are not the most recent versions. 

- I restored my phone and set it up as a new phone.  The phone then downloaded all of the apps again and re-synced everything.  The apps did open after that however, when I went to the app store, it said that I had 24 available updates.  I updated all of the apps to their most up to date versions and then noticed that they once again stopped opening and would crash almost immediately after launching them. 

- I then restored my phone again and set it up as a new phone and did not update the 24 apps and all but one of them work.  The only app that I've noticed that still doesn't work is the Blackboard Eats app.  It still crashes almost immediately after launching it. 

 

I took my phone to the Genius Bar this weekend (which is where I was told to restore the phone and set it up as a new phone).  I'm thinking that the issue is purely a software issue, but is there any chance that it could be a hardware issue? 

 

I suppose I could just not update the apps, but I'm hoping there's a better solution than that.  What's weird is that the phone was working with iOS 6.0.2 and all of the most up to date versions of the apps less than a week ago and it seems that somehow, overnight, they stopped working. 

 

Is anyone else running into this problem?  Has anyone found a solution? 

 

Thanks in advance,

Kevin


View the original article here

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét