Pages

Thứ Bảy, 12 tháng 1, 2013

[iPhone 5] Downgrading iOS 6.0.2 to 6.0.1

I have the iPhone 5 A1429 model GSM.

 

So after finding out that the iOS 6.0.2 update was available I tried it out to see if there were improvements in the WiFi connection despite reports that the battery life was even worse after updating. I went with the update knowing that you can still downgrade (according to my friend).

 

Within a day, I decided that the update wasn't for me and it was draining my battery faster than ever. So I went ahead with the whole downgrade. Now this is when the problem arose. I googled for the iPhone 5 iOS 6.0.1 GSM IPSW file and downloaded directly from Apple server and then put the phone into DFU mode, held SHIFT and chose the downloaded IPSW file. However I encountered a problem: "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible." I double checked I downloaded the right file which was: "iPhone5,1_6.0.1_10A525_Restore" (GSM version). I thought maybe the file was corrupted or something..Tried downloading again and it still didn't work. I then got linked by someone on YouTube to download from getios.com but they had only one option (A1429 CDMA/GSM) so I tried that..If i'm not mistaken, they should have separate files for each version...

 

Surprisingly, the version I downloaded "iPhone5,2_6.0.1_10A525_Restore" (CDMA version) somehow worked and I didn't get the error message..

 

Now my phone is back onto iOS 6.0.1 I am a bit happier but what confuses me is that somehow the CDMA version worked on my GSM iPhone 5..Is that possible? Or has iTunes messed something up?

 

Also, I've been told that downgrading isn't possible since Apple stops signing the previous version unless you save SHSH blobs..

 

 

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks!


View the original article here

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét